Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

Pages: 1 2 3

September 12, 2016 - By Doctacosa

I've reorganized the order of the forums to make navigation easier for newer users. Most notably, the forums about the same topics are grouped together: the place for the Creeper's Lab is right next to the general Minecraft talk, the Mega Man PC Website's spot is next to the various Mega Man channels, and so on.

Addtionally, I've added a brand new forum for the Avian's Lab. If you have any questions to ask, stories to share or suggestions to offer, this is the place to look into!

October 4, 2015 - By Doctacosa

To help accomodate the flow of new Minecraft players who have trouble getting through the forum registration status, the ever-present Masterlink has been promoted to Super Moderator status. He'll be able to assist and clean up this place as needed. Welcome aboard the forum moderation staff, Link!

On a related note, I've returned both Breakman and Necro to the standard user rank to account for their inactivity around here. They had been moderators for over 10 years each, and definitely helped a lot back when the forums were much more active, so I'd like to extend a very big thanks to the two of them. Your efforts haven't been forgotten. :)

August 5, 2014 - By Doctacosa

I'm pushing tonight a set of improvements to the forums, mostly to improve account registration, searching and editing. Details below!

New features and improvements:
- Memberlist searches will now match network usernames as well as forum usernames
- The "Your Networks" page now explicitely says what should be entered in each field
- Only members who have posted at least once are able to edit/copy post themes
- Hide empty sections from a member's profile
- Improved account registration page
- Bug fixes

With all players on the Creeper's Lab needing a forum account to actually play, I figured I'd improve the registration page. This is especially important as many of the new users aren't that familiar with message board systems. As such, the new page now has a cleaner layout and directly validates the information entered in the "required" section, including if a given username is available or not. Pro-tip: if a user registered but did NOT activate his account yet, he can reenter his username on that page to be offered an option to resend the e-mail.

Another big element is the memberlist, which now searches by forum usernames AND network names. This is handy while looking up those who use different usernames in different places. For example, our local Master of Deaths in Minecraft is known as MagicMarker101. However, here, he is registered as DAELENXD. Any of those two names (or partial versions of) can be searched for, and the wanted account will be listed!

Further improvements are always planned down the line. Don't hesitate to let me know if you feel strongly about something that should be added or changed!

As an added note, to help everything related to the forums running smoothly, I'm happy to announce that MediaKlepto has been promoted to Super Moderator! She joins the forums staff to help with getting new members registered properly ("I didn't get the e-mail!") along with all other related duties such as spam clean-up. Congrats, Media!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on August 5, 2014 at 9:42:46

April 1, 2014 - By Doctacosa

EDIT: April Fools! Will update later with more info. :)

---

After the success of donations over at the Creeper's Lab, I'm announcing today the addition of microtransactions to the Interordi.com Message Board, along with the introduction of credits.

Credits are basically a form of virtual money, linked to your account and used to access some premium features and topics. Most of everything will remain as open as before, of course, as I want the community to keep thriving and growing in this social media era. Credits can be purchased through Paypal (more on that below) or obtained through the forums using various means.

As I've indicated above, I'm only taking this step after witnessing the success of donations on the Creeper's Lab, which has allowed the community and the server to grow quite a bit in the past several months. I've also taken some lessons from Reddit and their Gold program.

Some topics will now be marked as premium, and will need to be unlocked in order to be viewed. Likewise, some of the optional forum features such as Quick Reply have been turned into premium features. The main posting page remains available, of course. To see the number of credits currently available at your disposal, look at the upper right corner of any page, right under the "Last active" value.

The money thus raised will be used to cover the ongoing server expenses, most notably the ever-growing need for disk space. Any extra money raised will be reinvested into more additions or better hardware.

I was hoping to have the Paypal integration ready today, which would have allowed you to purchase credits and automatically have them granted to your account. However, a few nagging technical issues need me to delay this slightly. Please bear with me as I try to get this working as soon as possible. When this is live, I'll be able to properly announce the conversion rate between money and credits. I'm doing my best to make this ratio as reasonable as possible.

To get everyone started and acquainted with this new system, you're being granted 500 credits. This is enough to unlock 10 topics or 5 board features. I invite you to try it, look around and see how it works. Those who unlock the six main features will be granted a special prize to recognize their efforts and contribution! Additionally, as a demonstration on how credits can be earned through the forums without paying, you'll find a value of 100 credits in the Announcements forum, right below this posting. Others have been scattered around the place, allowing you to add some funds to your virtual wallet.

I fully realize that some adjustements will be needed as we go: what is considered a premium feature or not might change, as well as the fee to be paid for each unlocked. I'll keep everyone posted on these subjects.

Please feel free to share any concerns or questions below, and thank you for your ongoing support!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on April 2, 2014 at 0:45:22

Edited by Dr. Cossack on April 2, 2014 at 0:45:39

March 19, 2014 - By Doctacosa

I've extended the message board FAQ to include answers to some of the most obscure forum features, such as achievements and badges. The page's redesign now allows me to easily add or update entries as needed, especially as new features get added over time.

If you have questions that you never bothered to ask, or suggestions about some elements that'd benefit from a more detailed explanation, reply to this post and I'll do my best to help! :)

April 2, 2013 - By Doctacosa

NO, IT'S NOT!! Despite the fact that the forums are back in the colors you expect them to be, Cyber Grid is real and sticking around the board. If you enjoyed the gameplay, rest assured that there's plenty more coming! If you had some problems with it's design, please be patient. I've got several improvements coming. For more information about Cyber Grid, please see the topics in the new forum.

If you enjoyed the Battle Network theme that the board had on April 1st, it's now available as the "EXE" skin in your profile options!

One thing to note is that the items that some of you obtained in the previous years (or even this year!) have been renamed to badges. I now have an actual idea of what to do with those, which will be revealed later on. Additionally, the old RPG stats are gone. Those were only for cosmetic reasons, now we've got a new fancier display that's actually tied to something!

Of course, now some of you might be asking: "well, what was the prank?" The prank is that many of you expected the game to be one, which it isn't... ;)

Cyber Grid is here to stay. Do you want it to? I'm hoping so, but I'd like to hear back from you! What was published on April 1st is only a small subset of what the game was designed to do, and the small team that worked with me during it's construction came forward with a lot of good ideas. Please keep playing it, report any problems and comment on it in the proper forum! Tell us you love it and want more! Feedback is important!

Some of you might be asking "Y U NO DO FUNNYS?" The answer is simple: you haven't seen what happened on the Minecraft server... I'll post a topic about that soon.

April 1, 2013 - By Doctacosa

UPDATE: Despite the posting date, this is all serious. :)

"- Battle routine, set!
"- Execute!!"

Do these words sound familar to you? They might - many of you have read them multiple times over the course of the Battle Network series. While the series has been over for some years now, what if you could create your own NetNavi? Go fight some viruses and opponents? And, most importantly, play against other human opponents?

What if you could do that right here, right now?

This is what Cyber Grid is all about!

It's a web-based, multiplayer Battle Network-like RPG game! Integrated within IOBoard, the game exists within it's own section and is available to all registered users of the forums. Once you enter the game, you create your own character (a NetNavi), define it's characteristics, define a strategy, then go battle against computer and human opponents alike! Not a fan of the Mega Man series? Never played a Mega Man Battle Network game? It doesn't matter, as no background knowledge is required to enjoy Cyber Grid!

How to access this game? Follow the Cyber Grid link in your user options! If you're not logged in, you'll have to do that first.

Note that there are probably some game balance issues that'll need to be ironed out. As with any online game launches, I fully expect several tweaks to be necessary! Those will be posted in the Game Log.

I'd like to thank the following people who helped me at some point with this project. All four handled parts of the game design, data entry and bug fixes, and that help was precious!
- The Helldragon
- J_Hibiki
- Arkane
- Sb20

Cyber Grid reuses several concepts of the Battle Network series yet shakes things up quite a bit with a radically different battle engine. There's a fine line in the Mega Man world between "too much reuse" and "too many changes", and I hope that we got the right balance to keep things fresh while sticking to what made the series fun in the first place. This is, hopefully, also easy to understand for non-fans of the Mega Man series.

Note that this project is definitely not aiming to compete with the folks at MMBN Chrono X, or do something similar to them. They're going to create a full-blown sequel; what we have here is a multiplayer web game based on some concepts of the series only, which will hopefully also be attractive to non-Battle Network fans.

I'll be monitoring closely the launch for any problems or bugs that you might encouter. If something doesn't look right, please post in the appropriate forum and I'll give it a look.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by Dr. Cossack on April 1, 2013 at 16:44:03

Edited by Dr. Cossack on April 2, 2013 at 0:38:53

February 21, 2013 - By Doctacosa

"I can't read that purple!"
"I'm ignoring your posts because of their blinding color!"
"Always typing color codes for each post is annoying!

Annoyed by colors that don't display well on your selected board skin? Want to make your posts stand out a bit more? Looking for that shiny factor? Well, I've got something for you!

Introducing: post themes!

As hinted with the last update to IOBoard, I've added a new component that allows you to use and build post themes that will be applied to all your posts automatically. You can use this to do anything from simply changing your text color to creating a completely custom look for all your posts, including fonts and backgrounds.

Two main creation options are available: simple and full-featured. Simple will allow you to easily pick colors to be applied to all your posts, while the full-featured editor allows you to define your own CSS properties on your posts' containers. Be creative!

I've added a few themes to get you started right away with a special look. Here's a preview!

To find those, click "Edit profile", then "Post theme" in the left menu!

These themes are also available to be copied then modified, so you can use them as a basis to make your own, custom look. Granted, not all of us have the knowledge or the skills to pull this off. As such, I suggest that those who do take the time to create some different post themes, then set them as public to allow others to use them! I'll be happy to answer any quetions on how the use the tool in this topic.

UPDATE ON 2013-02-24: I have added a new field, "Share with". You can enter the username of a single board member there to share a given theme with him only, and no one else. This is useful if you create a post theme for someone else and want him to access it without marking it as public.

Don't like this idea? You'd rather read the board easily instead of having to look at various colors all over the place? You can instantly disable all post themes from your profile options. Additionally, if you want to disable only the colors used by a given member, open his profile then select the appropriate option at the bottom left of his page.

You've now got the tools. Surprise me with the results!

---

Also included in this update are two extra changes:
- Bigger posting boxes
- Clickable BBCode icons

The second item will save you from the trouble of remembering the various BBCode tags or check in the board FAQ. When typing a post or private message, you'll find a row of icons on top of the text area. You can use these to automatically insert to tags to format your posts!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on February 24, 2013 at 11:05:42

January 25, 2013 - By Doctacosa

With the recent retirement of ION Gamma and based on a suggestion from some members, I've added more network options for you to fill in your profile.

Now listed alongside Minecraft, Steam, Tumblr and others, you can enter your profile information for your Playstation Network, Skype, Nintendo Network ID, Xbox Live Gamertag and YouTube accounts. This is completely optional, but allows other members of the board to contact you directly if they want to get in touch with you! That information can be viewed directly on your profile

August 28, 2012 - By Doctacosa

As posted yesterday on the Creeper's Lab, achievements have been added for the players active on the server. This means that all board users now see the achievements links a bit everywhere. While these only apply to Minecraft players for now, I've got plans to extend that in the future. If you have something in mind related to that, or have any ideas that you'd love to see the achievements system used for, don't hesitate to speak up!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on August 28, 2012 at 12:54:01

June 15, 2012 - By Doctacosa

It's time for another update!

One important thing to note first: you might need to do a full page refresh (Ctrl-F5) to see the new elements properly.

I'm happy to present you with a new update to the board: IOBoard v1.4.1! This upgrade adds some new features to the Stream, introduced officially last April, alongside some surpises.

- Posts and Stream: images can be uploaded next to messages
- Notification when someone adds you as a friend
- Posts that only contain an URL will automatically get the linked page's title
- Minor posts layout update
- Stream: edit/delete comments
- Stream: allow moderation from super moderators
- Fixed: Notifications on Stream comments now properly show who posted the original message
- Fixed: PM previews with quotes

As indicated above, it's now possible to attach images to posts and Stream notes! Some members here, especially those coming from social networks, don't have any easy way to display images or screenshots to illustrate their posts. This new feature takes care of that: you can post an image coming straight from your computer by using the options displayed right under the main posting box!

The Stream also supports the display of images. To do so, while on your (or someone else's!) Stream page, select the "Picture" tab and do your thing! Note that direct linking to these uploaded images from other sites is disabled. Sorry, but I don't have the ressources of a pro images host! :)

The next update is already underway under the codename "personalization". Stay tuned for more information!

April 2, 2012 - By Doctacosa

After the madness of yesterday, as X himself would say, time to get serious.

Before I begin, a full report on this year's April Fools' Day event will be posted in another topic soon.

The most important of all: the Stream is back and now a permanent feature of the board. Quite a few of you apparently liked the idea last year, and after spending some serious time refining the concept, I'm happy to announce that it's here to stay! I'd like to thank all the willing beta testers from last year for their participation in helping me locate bugs. ;) Now, you might want to ask what the real purpose of the Stream is. You can post on it, share items with friends, use it as a journal, track your board status, and more. For the full details, please see this topic when you can learn several tips & tricks on how to make the best of it.

One consequence from this new addition is the removal of the "Thought" option in member profiles. This short line of text, meant to be displayed next to all your posts, has been replaced by the Stream itself: your latest Stream thought, posted by yourself, will be shown next to your posts.

Next on the plate, the forums. Bad Box Art Mega Man, Katawa Shoujo and the ponies are obviously going away. However, the Anime & Manga area is here to stay. Many of you have posted about your favorite series in the past, and I'm sure that others would like to chat about the current releases, the past classics, and maybe get a few recommendations. Make the best use of it! Likewise, the Valve & Steam forum is still here. Steam as a platform is a huge thing, and many of us use it often (fun fact - did you know we have a Steam community?). Valve's games are included in this as they tend to have a deep integration with the platform. I'm not 100% convinced yet that you'll adopt this new forum, but I'll give it a chance and let you people run with it. Be sure to speak your mind if you want it to stay!

What you're now using, as it was already the case yesterday, is IOBoard v1.4. This new version brings several new features and upgrades, which are detailed below.

- Redesigned member profile display
- Stream!
- Board items!
- Option to disable modules
- Stream: like/dislike
- Stream: edit/delete thoughts
- Stream: view our own information more easily
- Thoughts moved as part of the Stream
- Improved display of the list of forum moderators
- After a login, return the user to the page he was viewing
- Display the pages counter at the bottom of a list of topics
- Parse posts properly when more than one YouTube movie is included
- Forums: when posting in a subforum, it's parent's last post information will be updated as well

Most obvious when browsing around is the redesigned member profile page. For an example, you can check on my own profile. The left column is dedicated to each person's information and contact networks, while the right column is all about the member's interation with the board. This makes each module much more visible, such as the list of Mega Man games owned & played and the Minecraft player info (if available). On all browsers excluding Internet Explorer, you also get a look at each person's in-game skin!

A new option, included in your user profile, allows you to disable the board modules that you're not interested in. If you're someone that has no interest in the Mega Man series, for example, you can check the "Mega Man" option and most of the pages and sections related to the series will vanish. Forums aren't affected by this: you always have access to all available forums, so you don't miss out of the posting going on. You can go back to that page later to uncheck any module that you suddendly want to pay attention in.

This update was done with a very precise deadline in mind (April 1st!), so this hasn't gone through my usual battery of tests. I did get to iron out several bugs and flaws on the Stream since last year as well as yesterday, but I'm sure that some tuning will be required here and there. Be sure to post here or in the IOBoard forum in case you have a problem, a suggestion, or simply a comment.

I've got some new key features on the drawing board for the next several weeks. This includes:
- More posting options on the Stream
- Improved notifications
- A way to personalize your posts and signatures much more easily
- A tool for you to post your pictures directly on the board, without having to upload them on another service first
- A surprise for our Minecraft players...

The move to v1.4 adds a whole new group of functionalities to the board. Some are well integrated, others have been showcased but serve little purpose at this point, while a few are still in the waiting room. This is your board to use: what features would YOU like to have? Is there some critical tool that you'd love to use? Something special that the Stream is missing? Would you like to be able to "Like" and "Dislike" specific posts and topics on the message board itself? Do you want fries with that? Speak up!

January 9, 2012 - By Doctacosa

A new chatroom structure has been installed to replace the previous web chat. What's old is new again: we're going back to IRC!

First of all, let me quote the two main announcements. First, from the Mega Man PC Website:

Quote:
The previous, web-based chatroom has been replaced by a new, IRC-based one!

The new chatroom is now dedicated for the entire Interordi.com domain, which includes the Mega Man PC Website. You can view the entire details on the new chat page. In short, the IRC server is irc.chat4all.org on ports 6666-6669 and 7000, in the channel #interordi. Web clients are also available, just like the former chatroom offered.

Hopefully, this means that more people will be able to participate, and fewer will be hit by slowdowns and crashes as it used to happen from time to time!

Next, from the Creeper's Lab:

Quote:
A public chatroom is now available for the players of the Creeper's Lab!

This new chatroom, available on IRC, also ties directly to the server. This means that people in the chat can talk to those within the game, and vice versa! For the full details, please see the new chat page. In short, the IRC server is irc.chat4all.org on ports 6666-6669 and 7000, in the channel #interordi-mc. Web clients are also available.

As you might have gathered from these messages, there are now two chatrooms, or IRC channels. The first one, #interordi is all-purposed for all topics, including Mega Man. The second, #interordi-mc is dedicated to Minecraft and links directly to the players in-game.

Some members commented that the integration between the board and the web chat was nice to have, and I have been able to keep this going to a degree. The usernames don't have to be the same between the two anymore, while the list of people connected is still available! You can see that at the bottom on the index, in the Who's Online section, or on the dedicated Who's Online page.

January 1, 2012 - By Doctacosa

A new feature has been introduced today for Mega Man fans: the ability for you to go in your profile, check which Mega Man games you've played and now own, then compare your results with your friends!

For the details on how this works, please see the appropriate news post. The full list of games is accessible from the main menu's "Mega Man games option". For an example on how this works, see my profile or directly go to my own list of games.

Happy New Year!

November 22, 2011 - By Doctacosa

Makeover!

After being asked from time to time for the past few years if I was going to change the look of the board, here's the answer: a brand new skin!

This new look is based on the future appearance of the Interordi.com domain, once I move forward with it's planned makeover. The goal of this operation is to offer a refreshing new look more in line with the future focus of the website. As I've said before, I'm working on an expansion to cover other topics beyond Mega Man, starting with Minecraft. The "all blue, all Mega Man" appearance might give newcomers the wrong impression on what this place is all about, now and in the future.

"omg wtf turn it off!!11"
Relax. :) Give this a serious try, I think you'll grow to like it very soon. Otherwise, this update also introduces a skin selector! You can go in your profile options and select the board appearance that you like the most. Some pages, however, will be tied to a specific skin and you don't have any control over that.

Four skins are currently available to choose from! The first and current one, Interordi.com, is made to match the main Interordi.com website and is a preview of the upcoming redesign. Your previous favorite blue theme returns as Mega Man, slightly updated from it's previous form. This April's Fools Day Facebook-lookalike is back for an encore under the IOSoBo name. White, blue and grey tones dominate it's look. Finally, the previously TJ-exclusive Hot Pink look makes a surprising appearance for those who have... specific color tastes.

Here's a preview of all four skins:

Image Image Image Image

Some extra improvements are tagging along with this update.

New in this update:
- New skin: Interordi.com v6!
- Logos for specific forums on the index list
- Quick announcements displayed directly on the board's front page
- The Who's Online page will now display all online users, including in the chat and Minecraft
- No multiquote!

The board has gotten fairly large by now, and with four skins, it's entirely possible that I didn't check through everything properly. Additionally, I'll probably do some tweaking here and there in the coming days. If you notice anything not displaying properly, or want to suggest a change, send me a PM about it!

Pages: 1 2 3

No new posts = No new posts
Hot topic, new replies = Topic with a lot of replies and new posts
Hot topic, no replies = Topic with a lot of replies and no new posts
Locked topic = Locked topics where replies are no longer accepted